June 27, 2008

Stepping On Rainbows


I'm very proud of this photo. I didn't just see a composition, I saw the potential for a composition and created it. This is, for me, a real sign that I'm moving beyond merely taking the photo to actually making the photo.

I think the 365 Days Project I'm working on is already stretching me as a photographer. I feel the need to capture more than just a pretty picture of a flower or a sunset; I feel the need to capture the essence of the day, or at least of a moment in the day.

As a matter of fact I'm having difficulty choosing which pictures to put up because I usually have more than one that I feel encapsulates my day. I'm struggling between allowing myself to post more than one if I feel like it, and continuing to restrict myself to just one as a way to force my self into more clarity.

I stopped writing little blurbs to explain the photo as well. I feel that the photo should do most of the talking, and that, as a writer, I should be able to use a short caption to further enhance the message. So that's what I'm doing.

Ultimately I may change the rules, if I feel changing them will benefit me in the long term.

I'm really intrigued to see where this will all take me, creatively.

No comments: