May 11, 2008

Living In Interesting Times...

So, I was surfing and came across an optometry office that offers Vision Therapy as one of their services.

Vision Therapy is the treatment of vision issues that can impair a person's ability to read, develop good hand-eye coordination, etc...

Generally the children receiving these services, have physical, mental or learning challenges such as ADD or Dyslexia.

I began to ponder this as a possible career consideration as I just know I'm going to miss the contact with special needs children that has been such a huge part of my life.

Not being one to leave any stone unturned, any curiousity unsatisfied, I emailed the optometrist in charge, asking her for some information on Vision Therapy...

Not 24 hours later I received a lovely reply, and the offer of a job interview...

Hmmm...Life certainly is - as Spock would say - fascinating.

I guess I should see where this might lead...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As an optometrist who teaches vision therapy as well as utilizes it in his office for his patients....I think you'll love it! Go to http://www.covd.org for more information and for the latest research concerning childrens' vision go to http://www.MainosMemos.blogspot.com.

Dominick M. Maino, OD, MEd, FAAO, FCOVD-A
Professor of Pediatrics/Binocular Vision Illinois College of Optometry

Unknown said...

I forgot to mention...I also do some photography and arts/music/etc. Go to http://www.dmPhotoArt.blogspot.com to see some of my work and what's happening in the art scene in Chicago.